As you step closer in to your wedding day, you will be left with plenty of work to be completed. Dear bride-to-be, it is not just your wedding attire, jewelry or hairstyle, that needs your attention. Perhaps your skin and body also need to be taken care of.
So at times take a pause from the everyday hustle-bustle of wedding preparations and give your skin the break so that your skin can feel rejuvenated and refreshed. Oh yes! As you agree how important glowing and supple skin is, undoubtedly body polishing for brides will promise you a silky and smooth body just before the special chapter of your life.
After all, bridal skincare requires you to go beyond your regular skincare routine. So all you brides-to-be, now let’s quickly go through the complete guide on bridal body polishing that includes what is body polishing, steps of the treatment, its benefits, things to keep in mind during pre-bridal body polishing routine, how to choose the right body polishing treatment, and tips of body polishing at home for bride.
What is Body Polishing?
Body Polishing is a rejuvenating skin treatment that eliminates dead cells, dirt, and excess oil from the skin. It is done by massaging the scrub for exfoliation. It ends up with a cream massage. This results in a youthful glow all over the body with hydrated skin.
The products are made up of natural ingredients that provide intense cleansing and moisturizing properties. Generally, Himalayan salt, seaweed, sugar, or ground coffee, or any other grains are mixed with essential oils. It is like a facial for the whole body.
Read This Article: Pre wedding Skin & Hair Preparation for Indian Bride
A single session lasts for 60-90 minutes.
How is Body Polishing done?
Cleanse: The body is thoroughly cleansed before the start of the body polishing session.
Scrub: Then using a scrub, exfoliation of the body is done in circular motions from the front to the back, in order to remove the tan and dead cells. Once done with scrubbing, all the grainy residue of scrub is wiped out using a hot towel.
Cream: In the next step, the body is again massaged with cream to ensure that the moisture locks in your skin and your skin remains moisturized.
Gel: Post cream massage, massage with gel is done.
Pack: Then a thick layer of the pack is applied and left for 15-20 minutes. Then the pack is rinsed off.
Oil: The body polishing treatment ends up with nourishing oil that is applied all over the body.
Read This Article: A Complete Guide to Wax for Brides | Pre Bridal Guide
What are the benefits of Pre bridal body polishing?
- Hydrates body
- Cleanses the skin
- Therapeutic and relaxing
- Unclogs pores
- Allows your skin to breathe
- Makes the skin radiant and supple
- Regeneration of new cells
- Reduces dryness
- Boosts blood circulation
- Eliminates signs of sun damage
What are the things to keep in mind during pre bridal body polishing routine?
- Body Polishing does not involve your face
- Maintain 3-4 days gap between wedding date and body polishing routine
- Do not go for multiple sessions
- Avoid getting exposed to the sun
- Make sure your skin does not have any infection/allergy/acne before the treatment starts
How to choose the right body polishing for brides?
- Skin Type: Talk about your skin type with your beautician. Everybody’s skin type is different and so are the products for different skin types.
- Skin Allergies: Inform your beautician about any skin allergies from any specific product so that your beautician can recommend products accordingly. In pre bridal body polishing, this is very important as you cannot afford to have skin rashes on your wedding day.
- Product Brand: Always ensure checking the brand name of the body polishing kit with the beautician so that you do not have to compromise with any brand. It is better to tell your preferred brand. We also suggest that you check the expiry date on the product kit. The best body polishing kit for bridal that we can recommend are Aroma Body Polishing Kit, Lotus Professional Bodysheen Ginger Grass Pampering Body Polishing Kit, Lotus Professional Crystal Spa Bodysheen Wild Rose Body Polishing Kit, Lotus Professional Bodysheen Tangerine Pampering Body Polishing Kit, Sara Skin Polishing Kit, Skin Secrets Body Polishing Spa Kit, and Vedic Line Kamayini Body Polishing.
- Cost: Talking about body polishing for bride, prices vary from brand to brand. There are loads in the market suiting everyone’s budget. However, we recommend not to invest in cheap brands as they compromise on the quality.
- Precautions: Discuss the precautions that you need to take post the bridal body polishing. It is advisable as you need to know what all precautions are required to take care of your skin after this treatment.
What are the tips of body polishing at home for bride?
Bridal body polishing at home will give you a much-needed break when you want to breathe free and pamper yourself before your wedding functions. Your body is screaming for attention. There are some natural DIY homemade body polish recipes that we strongly recommend for bridal body polishing at home.
1. Brown Sugar and Jojoba Oil Body Polish
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons jojoba oil
- ½ cup honey
Blend them well and the body polish is ready to use.
Read This Article: How To Get Volume In Hair Naturally?
2. Sugar, Olive Oil and Rose Petals Body Polish
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup dried rose petals
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Shea Butter
- 2-3 drops of essential oil (any of your choice)
Combine all the ingredients to make your body polish.
3. Baking Soda, Lemon and Coconut Oil Body Polish
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (unrefined)
- 2 drops of essential oil (any of your choice)
Mix them well and your body polishing is ready to be used.
Read This Article: TOP 10 WEDDING MAKEUP ARTIST IN DELHI NCR
4. Strawberry and Sugar Body Polish
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-3 fresh strawberries (crushed)
- ½ cup coconut oil (unrefined)
- 2 tablespoons Shea Butter
- 3-4 drops of essential oil (any of your choice)
Mix them well in a bowl. Add essential oil at the end and mix well. Store it in an airtight glass jar. Your body polishing is ready to be used.
5. Sugar, Orange and Olive Oil Body Polish
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (for color and fragrance)
- 2 teaspoons orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2-3 drops of orange essential oil
Blend all the ingredients to make your body polish.
Read This Article: 5 THINGS TO CHECK BEFORE BOOKING YOUR BRIDAL MAKEUP ARTIST
Quick tips for pre bridal body polishing-
- For Oily Skin– Use body polish with sea salt or bath salts.
- For Dry Skin- Use body polish with brown sugar as it hydrates and moisturizes your skin.
- For Sensitive Skin- Go for shea butter based body polish. It calms your body and also does not cause irritation.
- For Normal Skin- Sugar scrubs work the best.
What are you waiting for girl? Now we have summarized the information that you need for bridal body polishing, so go for it and feel confident to wear anything from strapless to backless on any occasion right from the pre wedding functions, wedding to honeymoon.
Reward yourself with beautifully smooth and silky skin… Put your best foot forward at the most important event of your life!
We hope our complete guide to body polishing for brides and bridal body polishing at home will boost your bridal glow more on your wedding day.
If you are from Delhi NCR than we will highly recommend you to book your doorstep Pre Bridal appointments with Highly Bridal expert company Meribindiya Bridal Team, kindly get in touch on 8130520472.
Have you tried body polishing before? Let us know which one is your favorite and why? Feel free to drop your comments.